"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" -Philippians 4:13

Friday, November 25, 2011

Sometimes a song says it all

I've been listening to Adele lately and really love her voice and songs.  She has a song titled "He won't go" on her 21 CD that I heard, but never really listened too.  Well, I listened today and here's a snip: "Some say I'll be better without you, but they don't know you like I do"  "Wake me up, wake me up when all is done, I won't rise until this battles won.  My dignity's been undone." "Will he?  Will he still remember me?  Will he still love me even when he's free? Or will he go back to the place where he will chose the poison over me?"  I really connect to this song.  It's funny how someone else can write a song that you feel represents your own life.  We all are really so connected in our human experience.  We dread to think that we're the only ones feeling the way that we do, but we rarely ever are.  Why are we so afraid to share that one thing that makes us all the same as humans--emotion?  Here's my vow...I will get to really know more people and share our common bonds more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment