"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" -Philippians 4:13

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beautiful Day

I feel a beautiful day ahead of me today! I slept well last night.  Amazing what that can do for the spirit.  I also did some Christmas decorating and a little house work.  When I get in funks, I neglect housework, so getting some done felt good.  I'm not really in a funk, it's just so busy with working full time, taking care of 3 kids mostly by myself because my husband (I'm going to call him The Beast from now on) leaves to drink just after supper.  I've got bath, jammie, homework, bedtime books, prayers and lights out all to my own.  Even if he's home, he sits on the couch as if the rest of us aren't there.  BUT...today is a beautiful day.  I'm going to enjoy the milestone I passed at my Weight Watchers weigh in this morning (9.8 lbs lost in 3 weeks!!) and smile

3 comments:

  1. 9.8 lbs! That's 10 lbs in MY eyes! Great work!

    You are building something beautiful with all of your hard work and others will see your hand in all that you've done, your kids included. Just keep trudging the road of happy destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I love your positive spin on things in this post AND the nickname "The Beast." I call mine "The Fiend."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it is all coming together. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete